Standardization: templates and formats
The standardization missions of the Abes
As a national bibliographical agency for Higher Education and Research, itAbes assumes missions of documentary standardization, at the national but also international level.
As such, heAbes has responsibilities within different bodies:
- Co-piloting with the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) of the Bibliographic Transition program
- Control of the French UNIMARC Committee (CfU)
- Representation of France in the Permanent UNIMARC Committee (PUC) attached to IFLA
- Registration Agency for ISIL identifier (International standard identifier for libraries and related organisations)
- Member of the Commission AFNOR CN 46 (Information and Documentation) and Subcommissions :
- Steering of the AFNOR working group CG46/CN357/GE5, in charge of drafting and updating the TEF Recommendation (Thèses Électroniques Françaises), which serves as a standard for reporting French electronic doctoral theses.
- Standardization regarding archives
In consultation with the documentary networks of the ESR, itAbes prepares and disseminates decisions concerning the norms, standards and formats used for the data Sudoc and for the data produced from the associated applications (IdRef, STAR, Calames...).
- for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org