Standardization: templates and formats
The standardization missions of the Abes
As the national bibliographic agency for higher education and research,Abes is responsible for document standardisation at national and international level.
As such, heAbes has responsibilities within different bodies:
- Co-leadership with the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF) of the Bibliographic Transition programme
- Steering of the French UNIMARC Committee (CfU)
- Representation of France in the Permanent UNIMARC Committee (PUC) attached to IFLA
- Registration agency for the ISIL identifier(International standard identifier for libraries and related organisations)
- Member of the Commission AFNOR CN 46 (Information and Documentation) and Subcommissions :
- Steering of the AFNOR CG46/CN357/GE5 working group, in charge of drafting and updating the TEF (Thèses Électroniques Françaises) Recommendation, which serves as a standard for the reporting of French electronic doctoral theses
- Standardization regarding archives
In consultation with the documentary networks of the ESR, itAbes prepares and disseminates decisions concerning the norms, standards and formats used for the data Sudoc and for the data produced from the associated applications (IdRef, STAR, Calames...).
- for further information: email@example.com