Fee schedule: memberships and services
Network Membership Sudoc
The membership fee for the Sudoc network is calculated according to a billing model adopted by the Board of Directors ofAbes at its meeting of 23 November 2012.
In the summer of 2019,Abes began a project to overhaul its economic model, particularly for participation in the Sudoc and Calames networks. The implementation of this new model, initially planned for 1 January 2021, has been postponed.
For the year 2021, after validation by the Board of Directors on 2 July 2020, a participation agreement for the network Sudoc was drawn up, based on the same model as the current agreement, with two adjustments to the text:
- a one-year period (1 January to 31 December 2021);
- a change in the article on invoicing. Indeed, during this transitional year, the amount of the invoices paid by the institutions will be identical to the amount of the invoices paid in 2020; this amount is clearly indicated in the agreement.
Read more : Conditions for joining the network Sudoc
Bibliographic Services Sudoc
Exports on demand
Based on the dataSudoc, the establishments Sudoc / Sudoc PSs have a variety of bibliographic products to their own documentary environment.
In accordance with EU policy Abes, some products are produced autonomously by the correspondents of the networks Sudoc/Sudoc PS. However, certain types of exports, more specific and requiring dedicated administration tools, are carried out by the Abes. Depending on the type of product concerned, the signature of an agreement may be necessary. Learn more
Ascent of copies
Institutions benefit from a copy upload from their local system to Sudoc free of charge when they join the Sudoc network and in the context of operations linked to the SGBm market. In other cases, this operation is subject to a fee (standard VAT rate):
- creation and testing of the script: 200 € HT
- Invoicing per 50,000 records: €50 excl.
Network Membership Calames
The cost of membership of the Calames network is calculated according to the number of simultaneous accesses to the XMetal licence, the basis of the cataloguing interface in Calames. Abes sends an annual invoice to each institution Calames which, if necessary, is responsible for internal re-invoicing. Three tariff categories are defined (normal VAT rate):
- pilot plants: € 115.83 excl.
- establishments covered by MESRI : €231.65 excluding VAT
- establishments outside MESRI : 347,47 € HT
Please note: as part of their commitment when designing Calames and participating in the WGCalames, the pilot establishments (MNHN Library, Sorbonne Library, Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, Mazarine Library, Library of the Institut de France, BNU Strasbourg, BIU Montpellier) benefit from a reduced rate.
- more information: Conditions for joining the network Calames
Worldcat service membership - OCLC
Under the contract negotiated byAbes with OCLC for the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021, institutions can take advantage of WorlCat collection location services and the use of specific APIs for querying Worldcat services at an annual fee based on the number of monographs reported (standard VAT rate):
- less than 50,000 monographs: €417.73 excl.
- between 50,000 and 300,000 monographs: €835.47 excl.
- more than 300,000 monographs: €1,253.20 excl.
- more about theWorldCat membership
CERL membership for extended access to the HPB database
Under the contract negotiated byAbes with the Consortium of European Research Libraries (CERL) for the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021, member institutions of theAbes networks can join CERL in order to benefit from extended access to the HPB - Heritage of the Printed Book Database for a fixed fee (standard VAT rate):
- 500 € EXCL.
Grouped orders - Management fees
Management fees are applied to the carrying of group orders for electronic resources negotiated for the member institutions of the Couperin consortium according to a fixed amount, established per institution, per group and per contract (normal VAT rate):
- groups formed before 31/12/2017: 170 € excl.
- groups formed from 01/01/2018 onwards: 220 € excl.
A single ordering group is being set up as of 1 January 2021. For establishments that are already members of one or more previously formed consortia, the current agreements will continue to apply until the end of the contract with the annual management fee indicated in each agreement.
Please note: no management fee applies for the GC OpenEdition Reviews (Freemium model)
Days Abes - Registration fees
Participation in the Days Abes is subject to a fee (standard VAT rate):
- documentation professionals working in an ESR institution (all members of IST networks and operators): €70 excl.
- professionals working in a private company (BMS editors/suppliers, service providers, etc.): €300 excl.
Please note: IST actors (scientific publishers, SGB suppliers, service providers...) can benefit from a sponsorship offer which allows them, depending on the offer chosen, to have a stand or a dedicated speaking time during a plenary session of the DaysAbes.
- for more information: email@example.com