A training system adapted to support the professionals of the member institutions of the networks
L'Abes offers a complete range of training courses - both face-to-face and distance learning - designed to help Correspondents from different networks to take control of professional applications and to help them learn the specific modalities of networking.
i.e.: all training courses are free and reserved for professionals from institutions that are members of the reporting networks (Sudoc, Sudoc PS, Calames, STEP, STAR).
- for Correspondents Calames and STAR s, of the Coordinators Sudoc and Sudoc SP RC Managers newly appointed to these functions or working in deployed establishments: face-to-face training provided by the Abes
- for ILL officers and STEP Correspondents newly appointed to these functions: webinars and/or self-training modules conducted by the Abes
- for Cataloguers Sudoc and Cataloguers Calames The training courses are given in one of the relay establishments (located in Paris and in the regions) and are provided by the Relay trainers Sudoc and Relay trainers Calamescoordinated byAbes. As cataloguing experts (Calames and/or Sudoc) with proven teaching skills, the trainer-relays meet regularly with theAbes teams and participate in the design of course materials to best meet the expectations of professionals. These sessions focus on practice, based on numerous cataloguing practical exercises carried out on an adapted training base. The programme and content of the sessions are identical, regardless of the relay institution chosen by the trainee.
The continuing education offer proposed at a distance and in self-training is intended to facilitate the acquisition of skills by the professionals members of the networks and help them to appropriate the new tools, new features or new instructions implemented by the RSE communityAbes .
The self-study platform
The learning platform of the Abes, in free access, is available to all documentation professionals. Regularly updated, it assists network members when implementing new functionalities or instructions, new tools or services.
namely: in order to encourage the sharing of ESR libraries and the dissemination of best practices in data management within institutions, educational content (recorded webinars, tutorials, practical exercises, quizzes) can be freely reused under the conditions defined by the Etalab license.
- consult the learning platform of the Abes
The "J.e-course" sessions are offered in synchronous mode, on Thursdays from September to June, according to a programme defined according to the current state of the tools and associated services available. These regular meetings encourage dialogue and direct exchanges between professionals from the institutions and experts from the Abes.
i.e.: the J.e-course sessions are recorded and broadcast later via the self-study platform of the Abes.
- consult the e-course program
Partnerships and collaborations
ItAbes works in consultation with the main actors of professional training in the field of libraries and Scientific and Technical Information.