Join the network Sudoc
Namely: the integration of any new institution into the network Sudoc is subject to validation by the Board of Directors of the Abes.
The networkSudoc 's vocation is to host any documentary institution - library and/or documentation centre - making available collections of university and research level.
Interested institutions are invited to send their official application to the management of the InstituteAbes during the first quarter of the calendar year. On receipt of this letter, a questionnaire is sent to them in order to collect all the information useful for the examination of their application (administrative information, description of the collections, computer equipment, level of staff training...).
Applications are then examined at the Board of Directors' meeting ofAbes (June-July) for deployment in the network Sudoc the following year.
Member libraries of the network Sudoc subscribe to an annual membership based on an billing model in force since 2014.
- consult the fare conditions s Board of Directors.Abes
- all requests for integration / information should be addressed to : email@example.com
Membership of the network Sudoc allows an institution to list its collections in the shared catalogue. Bibliographic and local records can be imported in three complementary ways:
- via automatic exemplarisation by the institutions after carrying out an overlay rate to establish the volume of bibliographic data already present in Sudoc. These two operations are carried out using the ITEM.
- via a mass import of bibliographic data carried out byAbes, in the event that the coverage rate proves to be too low.
- via retrospective conversion operations in the case of paper card catalogues.
- see the section on "Data transfer and retrospective conversion" on the Methodological Guide.
The member institutions of the network Sudoc are equipped with different Library Management Systems (LMS). In order to be compatible with the specifications of the LMSSudoc, the LMS must meet the recommendations of the LMAbesS in terms of :
- data format standardization
- interoperability of data exchange workflows with the Sudoc
As part of the project SGBm - Shared Library Management SystemForty-six institutions opted to renew their SGBs, thus benefiting from the SGBm framework agreementAbes, which defines standard specifications.
Under the contract negotiated byAbes with OCLC for the period 1 January to 31 December 2021, Sudoc member institutions benefit from services for locating their collections in Worldcat and the use of specific APIs for querying WorldCat services according to an annual tariff calculated on the basis of the number of monographs reported.
Please note: by joining Worldcatlibraries become members of the OCLC Council EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa). They elect delegates to represent them on OCLC Global Council. A meeting of EMEA members is held each spring in a different country.