The Heads of Centres of the PS NetworkSudoc
Role and missions
As part of their mission, the Network Centre Managers Sudoc PS are responsible for the bibliographic control of serial publications reported on Sudoc on behalf of the documentary institutions within their regional or thematic scope.
Their main mission is to coordinate and develop the activities of listing serial collections in the Sudoc. Since the implementation of the conventions on objectives, the missions of animation, prospection and coordination of structuring projects at the regional level have been reinforced.
These missions are formalised in a job description which provides school managers with the elements needed to integrate these functions into the functional organisation charts and job descriptions of their staff.
Note: RC Managers have access by profile from the Methodological Guide Sudoc to enable them to take charge of their function and carry out their tasks
Training and communication
At the beginning of each academic year, a training course is offered to newly appointed Network Centre Managers Sudoc PS.
- consult thetraining offer
To facilitate communication between RC Managers and/or with the Abes :
- the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org is available for any peer-to-peer exchange or any message whose response is likely to be of interest to other members of the PS NetworkSudoc .
- see the registration procedure
- to contact a RC Manager: consult the directory
- to follow the news of theAbes and its networks: the newsletter L'Actu des Réseaux is available on subscription as well as the blogs Fil Abes, Punktokomo and Oubipo
The RC managers have at their disposal different models of documents useful for their activity with the partner libraries of the Sudoc PS network:
- Agreement on objectives betweenAbes and the RCs Sudoc PS
- Partnership agreement between an institution hosting a CR Sudoc PS and a documentary structure wishing to join the network
- Model Declaration for libraries in the Sudoc-PS network wishing to use Pebweb Pro
- Data Assignment Agreement
- Procedure for exporting and retrieving copies of records located in libraries not deployed in the network Sudoc