The Heads of Centres of the PS NetworkSudoc
Role and missions
As part of their mission, the Network Centre Managers Sudoc PS are responsible for the bibliographic control of serial publications reported on Sudoc on behalf of the documentary institutions within their regional or thematic scope.
Their main mission is to coordinate and develop reporting activities for serials collections in the Sudoc. Since the implementation of the target agreementsThe missions of animation, prospecting and coordination of structuring projects at the regional level are reinforced.
These missions are formalized in a function sheet which provides facility managers with the elements needed to integrate these functions into functional organization charts and staff job descriptions.
Please note: RC Managers have access by profile from the Methodological Guide Sudoc enabling them to take charge of their function and accomplish their missions
Training and communication
At the beginning of each academic year, an offer of training is made to Heads of PSP Network Sudoc Centres newly appointed.
- consult theteaching offer
To facilitate communication between RC Managers and/or with the Abes :
- the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org is available for any peer-to-peer exchange or any message whose response is likely to be of interest to other members of the PS NetworkSudoc .
- consult the registration process
- to contact a CR Manager: consult the directory
- to follow the newAbess of the and its networks: the newsletter Network News is available by subscription as well as the blogs Fil Abes, Punktokomo and Oubipo
The RC managers have at their disposal different models of documents useful for their activity with the partner libraries of the Sudoc PS network:
- Convention on objectives between the Abes and Sudoc PS CRs
- Partnership Agreement between an institution hosting a Sudoc PS RC and a documentary structure wishing to join the network
- ILL Participation Agreement for libraries not deployed in the network Sudoc
- Data Assignment Agreement
- Procedure for exporting and retrieving copies of records located in libraries not deployed in the network Sudoc