The Correspondents Sudoc
Role and missions
The organization of the network Sudoc is based on correspondents identified in each of the member institutions. The Correspondent Sudocs have responsibilities with regard to :
- the transmission of information from Abes
- 1st level assistance in their establishment
- certain specific tasks and/or relating to certain types of data
The different roles and missions of the Correspondents Sudoc are formalised in function sheets which provide the heads of the institutions with the information needed to integrate these functions into the functional organisation charts and staff job descriptions:
- In charge of relations with Abes this function was set up in 2019 to bring strategic issues to the institutionsSudoc : monitoring of network membership procedures, files relating to the reporting of electronic resources, etc.
- Coordinator Sudoc contact person : contact personAbes for the reporting activity and the files relating to the data management of his institution.
- Correspondent Authorities interlocutor of the Abes for the production of the authorities in the base Sudoc and/or via the production interface ofIdRef
- Cataloguing Correspondent Contact personAbes for questions of formats and cataloguing rules in the Sudoc
- Relay Trainer Cataloguing Expert: A cataloguing expert recognized for his pedagogical skills, he trains newly appointed cataloguers in the use of the Sudoc
- ILL Manager User of the tools Sudoc (Supeb) for the management of requests for the provision of Library Loan and Remote Document Delivery.
Please note: Correspondents Sudoc have a profile access to the documentation enabling them to take charge of their function and accomplish their missions, starting from the Methodological SudocGuide .
Training and communication
At the beginning of each academic year, Correspondents Sudoc are offered training in different ways: face-to-face, distance learning or as part of bridging courses.
- consult the teaching offer
To facilitate communication between the Correspondents Sudoc and/or with the Abes :
- several mailing lists dedicated to each type of Correspondent are available for any exchange between peers or any message whose response is likely to interest the professionals of the networkSudoc.
- consult the registration process
- to contact a CorrespondentSudoc: different directories are available from Methodological Guide Sudoc
- to follow the newAbess of the and its networks: the newsletter Network News is available by subscription as well as the blogs Fil Abes, Punktokomo and Oubipo